Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Girls Gone Wild

That's what most people think of when they hear Spring Break. But at this time in my life I would much rather settle for a Lady's Life of Leisure. Seems that other plans await me though. Spring Break entails planning the garden, having the air conditioning serviced, and preparing the house for the long hot shut in days of Summer.

I was curious about the origins of Spring Break and found a site or two of interest.  It seems this tradition, originally associated with Easter, was seen by out predecessors as a time for renewal. Trips to the beach for some; healing, restorative springs and spas for others.

 Photo courtesy of Dennis Wong under Creative Commons License

Ahhh; spa time! Now I'm not one to go somewhere and have people touching all over me, (I don't know, call me pedestrian),  'spa' is  more a rejuvenation of the mind and spirit; something to make my soul sing. I can read a book that's not a text, catch a show, or movie, go for a hike, and listen to lots of music.

What does this have to do with Andragogy? Everything, really. With age comes experience. At this point in our lives we have learned that if we don't take care of ourselves, replenish and recharge, then we are no good for ourselves, our loved ones, or our studies.

Well, what are you waiting for? Go do something you love! See ya in a week or so.

*Just to let you know - I will have the rest of "Building a Video Podcast" posted here in a few days.

1 comments:

Kate Smedley said...

Have a wonderful time, you definitely deserve it!!

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. May I quote you with attribution? If yes, comment away. Perpetual Andragogy Adventures of an Adult Learner is licensed under a Creative Commons 3.0 Unported License.