Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Building a Video Podcast

This is Part One in the series: How To Build a Video Podcast
I get to learn it and so do you :)

I looked all over for a free place to put my video podcast (this isn't it. This is to compare quality and sound and torture you with German music hehhehheh) I could only find the two standards; youtube and Vimeo. Each needs an account to upload and both are free at the basic level. But how is the quality? 

Below, find the comparison of youtube (top) and Vimeo (bottom) Notice how youtube "doesn't quite fit?" I know it will if I use a different layout, but I want to dabble around some more first to see if I can make it fit. 'You will conform muwahaaaaaaaaa!" 






youtube



The Garden in June from Kathleen Ackroyd on Vimeo.

Vimeo

Don't forget to watch in large screen for both as well. Does one have better visual? Does one have better audio? Which one looks best at what size? These questions matter; especially for a Master's Thesis, job interview or client presentation.

Of course by then, you should be writing you own code and building your own presentations. But for now I will leave that to the experts (to right in bloglist) at Techie Tipz and Addicted to Code.


1 comments:

EZimmerman said...

Thank you for the glimpse of summer and the wonderful accompaniment! It's been a long winter and it seems the flowers will never bloom. Of course, up here we'll have to wait until the snow melts first. You can "torture" me with more of this music anytime.

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. May I quote you with attribution? If yes, comment away. Perpetual Andragogy Adventures of an Adult Learner is licensed under a Creative Commons 3.0 Unported License.